The Tadeusz Kościuszko University of Technology in Cracow is a state higher university with 70 years of tradition (founded in 1945). Tadeusz Kościuszko has been our patron for over 30 years. He was a national hero of both Poland and the United States of America, but he was also an engineer and a builder, responsible for the fortifications in Cracow and the West Point fort in the United States. His name is a reminder of our responsibility to respect tradition, the accomplishments of our academic forebears, reliability in giving access and promoting knowledge and openness towards new ideas.
The Cracow Technical University consists of 7 faculties with 22 courses of study and many specialties, 16,000 students taking full-time courses, evening courses, extramural studies, Ph.D. studies, and post-graduate studies, with nearly 1,000 academic teachers overseeing their education. Other important parts of the university are: the Library of the Cracow University of Technology, exceptionally well-stocked with printed and electronic collections, inter-faculty scientific and didactic units, art galleries, student clubs, a choir, and student organizations. Mutual agreements with many scientific centers all over the world and involvement in educational Union programs have given fruit in the form of joint scientific studies, exchanges of students and academic teachers, as well as the possibility of obtaining additional certificates and diplomas. Cooperation with industry is also being developed, and a Technology Transfer Center is active in the university. A Special Economic Zone - the Cracow Technological Park - was created from an initiative of the university in 1997. It has since become a platform linking the Cracovian scientific world with modern technology.