Facebook yt_logo_rgb_light LinkedIn

International Relations Office
24, Warszawska Street
31-155 Cracow, Poland
e-mail: iro@pk.edu.pl
Erasmus Office
e-mail: erasmus@pk.edu.pl

Phone number:
+48 12 628 29 19
+48 12 628 30 44
+48 12 628 20 09

Degree Students
Diploma studies (BSc and MSc)
Cracow University of Technology offers a wide variety of study programmes. In 7 faculties studies are available also in the English language.
International Exchange Students
Exchange Students
Cracow University of Technology offers a wide range of short-term programmes in English. They last for one or maximum two semesters and are carried out by all faculties of the University.
Outgoing PK Students
Outgoing PK Students
PK students interested in exchange programmes with overseas partner universities are welcome to follow the news on this website.

Practical Info

Arriving by plain
John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice is the city's international airport.
It has regular direct air connections from and to major European hubs and there are also domestic connections to the Polish capital city, Warsaw.
It is situated conveniently just about 15 km from the city center.

From the airport you can get to the city centre:

  • by taxi - cabs are parked right next to the main exit from the airport arrival building.
  • by a train ( 18 minutes journey).
  • by public bus services (around 30 minutes journey)

You can find more information about transfer from and to the airport here.

Arriving by train
Kraków belongs to a vast network of train connections, both national and international.
The main train station -Dworzec Główny- is located at the edge of the Old Town.

Arriving by coach (bus)
Krakow’s main bus station (Dworzec Autobusowy) is situated close to the city centre
There are several private coach companies that connect Kraków with other major cities in Europe.

Krakow has a well-developed network of public transport systems comprising trams and buses.
How to pay for public transport:
You can choose a season ticket (month/half-year) which is called KKM (acronym for Krakowska Karta Miejska/Cracow's City Card) or a single use timed ticket that needs to be validated once you get on the bus or tram.

Single journey tickets can be acquired in ticket machines which are located at the bus/tram stops or inside trams/buses, they can also be purchased via mobile applications for selling e-tickets: SkyCash, moBILET, mPay, JakDojade, or iMKA.

KKM can only be acquired in Municipal Transport Ticket Offices located around the city. There is one located next to Galeria Krakowska Mall (5a Pawia St.) which is near the main CUT campus. The full list of Municipal Transport Ticket Offices can be found here.

You will be entitled to discount on public transportation as soon as you receive your student ID card at the beginning of the semester at CUT.
You need to have the CUT student ID with you to purchase KKM or to use the single journey ticket with discount. Please, keep in mind that exchange students are not entitled to 50% discount on tickets, unless they have valid student ID card issued by Polish higher education institution.

The timetables, fees and online services are available on the website of the Municipal Transport Facility (Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Komunikacyjne, MPK): https://www.mpk.krakow.pl/en/prices-of-tickets/

To plan your journey by public transport in Krakow, you can use this app: JakDojade. It is a free tool for advance journey planning and for figuring out how to get from point A to B around the city.

The monthly living cost in Poland starts from PLN 1500. More detailed info can be found here: https://study.gov.pl/cost-living-poland

Mobile Phone
If you have an EU/EEA SIM card then you can most likely roam for free in Poland.

Otherwise we suggest you to use a local SIM card to enjoy local rates and not rely only on wi-fi. You can buy a prepaid sim card from all the main mobile network operators in Poland: Orange, Play, Plus & T-Mobile.

In Poland having health insurance is obligatory.
Students from non-EU/EEA countries are required to purchase health insurance for the full period of their stay in Poland, its minimum requirements are detailed in the acceptance letter that each student receives from CUT. The insurance needs to be bought in advance, a proof of insurance is one of the requirements to get a student visa.

Depending on the chosen plan, your medical insurance may, or may not, cover costs of general practitioner’s consultations. If it doesn’t, you can either use private health services or you can apply for a Voluntary Health Insurance with the Polish state-funded healthcare services: National Health Fund (NFZ).

Students from non-EU/EEA member countries are entitled to free health care if holding a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) issued in his/her country.

Private Healthcare
Private outpatient clinics are widely available, the waiting time is usually shorter than in state-funded healthcare services, and there is no need to first get a referral from an GP in order to consult a specialty doctor. Many of the doctors speak English.
An easy way to look for a doctor is using this website

State-funded healthcare services
Students holding EHIC card and those insured in the National Health Fund (NFZ) can use state-funded healthcare services free-of-charge (with some exceptions).
To visit your GP (called in Poland Family medicine practitioner or first contact physician), you first need to register at one of the out-patient clinics. To do so you will need to visit your chosen clinic, fill out a form and show your Passport and the Voluntary Health Insurance contract from NFZ, or - in case of EU/EEA students – an ID and the EHIC card.
In order to have access to a specialty doctor you will need to obtain a referral form your GP. The referral is not required in the event of emergency or for services provided by the following medical doctors: dentist* , psychiatrist, oncologist, gynaecologist, venereologist.
Out-patient clinics are open from Monday to Friday, from 8am. to 6pm.
Visiting a GP office or hospital you may be asked to show an evidence of your insurance.

*Dentists provide only limited scope of services free of charge, you may have to pay for part of the dental treatment.

Night and holiday care
Health care in the evening/night hours (6pm -8am) on workdays, and 24 hours on weekends and on holidays is provided by designated healthcare units.
You can use these services in the event of a sudden illness or deterioration of health, when it is not a life threatening emergency, but your condition require more immediate attention.

In the event of a sudden threat to your life or health, emergency medical services are provided unconditionally and free of charge to everyone regardless of their insurance or legal status.
In case of a sudden illness, accident, injury, intoxication or life threat you can call an ambulance (dialing 999 or 112) or go directly to an accident and emergency department (SOR).

Voluntary Health Insurance for Students from non-EU countries - procedures

Monthly fee for insurance in NFZ is established quarterly and is around 50 PLN (year 2023).

To apply for the health insurance in NFZ, you will need to present the following documents:
Application form
• Passport
• PESEL [National Identification Number]*
• a university certificate confirming studies
• a document confirming residence on the territory of the Republic of Poland.
You will need to present the above document at the NFZ office, ul. Wadowicka 8W, 30-415 Kraków

* when you register your residence, you will automatically obtain a PESEL Number

NFZ website (only in Polish)

Within 7 days of signing the agreement with the National Health Fund it is necessary to register it at Social Insurance Institution (ZUS) , to do so, you will need to provide:
• registration form called ZUS ZZA
• Passport
• The insurance confirmation from NFZ
This procedure can be completed at the ZUS office, ul. Pędzichów 27, 31-080 Kraków

Health premium must be paid every month via bank transfer or at the Post Office. Every month, a separate declaration called ZUS DRA must be submitted to the ZUS offices.


Private health care
A list of English speaking doctors (mostly private health care) can be found here.

Specialised private healthcare companies:
Phone: 500 900 900


Phone: 12 629 88 00

Public healthcare National Health Fund (NFZ)
You can find a directory of general practitioners contracted by NFZ here.

Night and holiday healthcare units in Krakow :
Krakowski Szpital Specjalistyczny im. Jana Pawła II, ul. Prądnicka 80 (pawilon M –V, wejście C), phone: 12 614 28 88
NZOZ Kraków-Południe, ul. Kutrzeby 4, phone: 12 656 10 07
NZOZ Kraków-Południe, ul. Szwedzka 27, phone: 12 266 02 70
Specjalistyczny Szpital im. J. Dietla, al. F. Focha 33, phone: 12 687 64 00, 12 687 64 42, 12 687 84 79, 12 687 64 92
Szpital im. św. Rafała, ul. Armii Krajowej 5, phone: 12 370 27 35
Szpital im. św. Rafała, ul. Bochenka 12, phone: 12 385 58 05
Szpital Miejski Specjalistyczny im. G. Narutowicza, ul. Prądnicka 35, phone: 12 257 86 06
Szpital Specjalistyczny im. L. Rydygiera, os. Złotej Jesieni 1, phone: 12 646 87 92
Szpital Specjalistyczny im. S. Żeromskiego, os. Na Skarpie 66, phone: 12 622 95 76, 12 622 95 45

Emergency Units:
The following Krakow hospitals run 24/7 emergency wards (SORs):
Szpital Uniwersytecki w Krakowie - ul. Jakubowskiego 2, 30-688 Krakow
Szpital im. Gabriela Narutowicza - ul. Prądnicka 35-37, 31-202 Kraków
Szpital im. Ludwika Rydygiera - Osiedle Złotej Jesieni 1, 31-826 Kraków
Szpital im. Stefana Zeromskiego - Osiedle Na Skarpie 66, 31-913 Kraków
Wojskowy Szpital Kliniczny - ul. Wrocławska 1-3, 30-901 Kraków
24/7 Emergency Rooms:
Szpital Specjalistyczny im. Józefa Dietla - ul. Skarbowa 1, 31-121 Kraków
Zakład Opieki Zdrowotnej MSWiA w Krakowie - Kronikarza Galla 25, 30-053 Kraków
Krakowski Szpital Specjalistyczny im. Jana Pawła II - Prądnicka 80, 31-202 Kraków

Pharmacies 24h:
ul. Kalwaryjska 94, tel. 800 110 110
ul. Karmelicka 23, tel. 12 631 19 80
ul. Kazimierza Wielkiego 117, tel. 12 637 44 01
ul. Kronikarza Galla 26, tel. 12 636 73 65
os. Centrum A bl. 4, tel. 800 110 110
ul. Stojałowskiego 6, tel. 800 110 110
ul. Wolska 1, tel. 12 657 13 16
ul. Zielińska 3, tel. 800 110 110
ul. Ujastek 3 – tel. 888 683 519

Emergency numbers:
Ambulance - 112 / 999
Fire brigade - 112 / 998
Police - 112 / 997
Municipal Guards - 986

Psychological Help at CUT

Agnieszka Szewczyk-Zakrzewska
phone: +48 514 879 852
Skype: live:.cid.ec2f5d670a27e7d6
Telephone service for arranging psychological consultations:
Monday and Thursday 09am – 11am

Mikołaj Bőhm
phone: +48 665 204 707
Telephone service for arranging psychological consultations:
Monday 2pm-5pm and Thursday 08am – 11am